* Nine minibooks filling more than 800 pages provide the world's five million-plus Java developers with a basic all-in-one programming reference
* Covers the recent release of the Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 and the new J2SE Development Kit 5.0
* Starts with beginner topics including getting started with Java, using the Java development platform, and Web programming
* Expands into more advanced Java fundamentals such as object-oriented programming, working with arrays and collections, and creating user interfaces with Swing
From the Back Cover
9 books in 1— your key to success with Java!
Your one-stop guide to the most-used language for application development
There's no question that Java is the popular kid on the block, and knowing Java will definitely boost your reputation as a developer. Here are all the Java essentials packed into one handy resource. Find out how to do everything from basic programming to using regular expressions and creating applets for the Web, all in one place!
Discover how to
- Work with variables and data types
- Use object-oriented programming
- Program for a network
- Create servlets and Java Server Pages
- Read and write XML data
- Develop simple games