Increase your MySQL productivity and control by discovering the real power of phpMyAdmin 3.1
- Covers version 3.1, the latest version of phpMyAdmin
- Administer your MySQL databases with phpMyAdmin
- Manage users and privileges with MySQL Server Administration tools
- Get to grips with the hidden features and capabilities of phpMyAdmin
MySQL has gained wide popularity because of its open-source nature, performance, reliability, robustness, and support for various platforms.
phpMyAdmin is a web-based front-end to manage MySQL databases and has been adopted by a number of open-source distributors. It is one of the most widely used open-source applications written in PHP. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations with MySQL. Currently, it can create and drop databases, create/drop/alter tables, delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys on fields, manage privileges, export data into various formats and is available in 52 languages. The powerful graphical interface of version 3.1 has made phpMyAdmin an indispensable tool for MySQL and web developers.
This is the first book that covers version 3.1, the latest version of phpMyAdmin. It has been fully updated from the previous version that covered phpMyAdmin Version 2.11. It is a comprehensive guide to unlocking the full potential of phpMyAdmin. It builds a solid understanding of the core capabilities of phpMyAdmin before walking you through every facet right from showing you how to set up and manage the database with clear, step-by-step instructions and screenshots to exploring the less well known and generally under-used features and capabilities of phpMyAdmin in depth. Along the way you'll build a more detailed understanding of SQL and how it works in MySQL.
Whether you are an experienced developer, system administrator, web designer or new to MySQL and phpMyAdmin, this book will show you how to increase your productivity and control when working with your MySQL.
What you will learn from this book?
- Administer MySQL users and get statistics about MySQL servers and databases
- Create better database tables and relational structures
- Generate multiple SQL queries and build a more detailed understanding of SQL and its workings
- Prepare better documentation of evolving table structures
- Manage databases, table data and structures, and indexes to create efficient databases
- Learn the different mechanisms involved in importing SQL and CSV files
- Examine the modified behavior of phpMyAdmin to use the outstanding application to its full power
- Perform day-to-day database and table management effectively with the new interface to ease your work
The book is a step-by-step tutorial for phpMyAdmin explaining and demonstrating the potential of this tool with clear instructions and screenshots. After covering installation and basic features of phpMyAdmin it goes on to show its less well known and generally under-used features and capabilities.
Who this book is written for?
phpMyAdmin is a must-have tool for everyone who needs to manage their MySQL databases and tables in an effective manner. This book is a must-read for every serious phpMyAdmin user who would like to use this outstanding application to its full power.